[ale] A reliable/secure openid provider?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Aug 29 19:19:17 EDT 2007

Jim Popovitch, on 08/29/2007 06:52 PM said:
> I've been (top posting and) using openid for a while now on some public
> sites (sure wish ./ would support it).  Basically it keeps you from
> having to give a password (same or otherwise) to each site.
> Participating sites allow a common openid provider to authenticate you.
> I use these Providers:
>
> 	https://pip.verisignlabs.com/
> 	http://myopenid.com/
>
> -Jim P.

Ahh, yes.  It would be excellent if many players in the Internet would
permit this---Google, Slashdot, Yahoo, whatever.  It'd be great, I think.

I use my web site as an OpenID provider (and permit people to login to
it and leave comments and the like using OpenID, too).  The irony is
that LiveJournal does not fully adhere to OpenID, and Brad Fitzpatrick
is the guy that invented both.  Go figure.  :-P

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch               Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                         http://www.trausch.us/
Mobile: (678) 522-7934             VoIP: 6453 at sip.trausch.us, 861384 at fwd