[ale] FC-7 install -- trying again

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Aug 28 17:08:20 EDT 2007

Hmmm
Do I have a hardware problem?

Tried to install FC-4.

The anaconda loader seemed to work just fine and the install program
looked as it should -- until the time came to actually access the
hard drives.
OOPS!  the installer couldn't find any drives, even after I forced
it to load a generic SCSI driver -- this is a new box with SATA drives.

But the BIOS sees the drives just fine, so I know they are plugged in
correctly.  In fact, previous attempts to install FC-7 on this box
have proceeded through the creation of a RAID-1 array with the two
250G drives.  Which makes me doubt a hardware problem.

I remain clueless.

Sean