[ale] OT: Slightly Linking T-Bird's calendar to Google

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Aug 28 15:11:48 EDT 2007

Scott Castaline, on 08/28/2007 02:06 PM said:
> Anyone know if it's possible to link the Lightning Calendar plug-in for
> T-Bird to Google 's calendar? I'd like to be able to create events on
> Lightning which transparently get loaded on my google calendar and vice
> versa. Otherwords using Lightning as a local client and Google as the
> server for iCal. I tried importing the iCal file from Google, but that
> didn't work as Lightning complained that it was unreadable. It seems to
> work with I think it's KPim or something like that, but I'd rather do
> the T-Bird/Lightning route as I usually leave T-Bird open all the time.

Indeed.

This is what got me back to using TB over Evolution.

I am using TB 2, Lightning, and the "Provider for Google Calendar" which
can be found here:

Seems to require TB 2, which your headers say you have, so you should be
good after installing that.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch               Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                         http://www.trausch.us/