[ale] FC-7 install -- trying again

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Aug 28 13:46:36 EDT 2007

I am beginning to think I am cursed.

Gave up and obtained on-line from ON-Disk.com a fresh DVD
copy of FC-7.

Finally have time to install it on a new box.
Install initially dies on Check media, telling me that Disc 1 is
bad.  If I skip that step the install begins just fine, then craps out
after loading two drivers, checking on language and keyboard.

I get this message:

Running anaconda, the Fedora system installer - please wait ...
exec of anaconda failed: Accessing a corrupted shared library
install exited abnormally [1/1]
sending terminations signals ... done
sending kill signals ... done
disabling swap ...
unmounting file systems ...

WTF
Any clues would be appreciated.
I have contacted the vendor, but no answer so far.

Sean