[ale] script or app to set all files to lower case

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Aug 27 22:09:38 EDT 2007

James Taylor, on 08/27/2007 10:04 PM said:
> It's an iSCSI NSS (Novell Storage System) mounted directly on an OES Linux server.
> Essentially a customized SLES9 server with NSS file system drivers.
>
> I forgot to mention that I have a folder depth of at least 20.

Oh.

Mine is out; you'll need a for loop to run at least that many times.

You could do:

for i in `seq 1 30`; do
	find . | while read OldName; do
		NewName=`echo $OldName|tr [A-Z] [a-z]`
		mv -v "$OldName" "$NewName"
	done
done

You might want to get rid of the -v on mv though, or redirect output to
a file.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch               Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                         http://www.trausch.us/