[ale] Disclaimer notice in sendmail and excluding cell phone addresses

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Fri Aug 24 18:44:40 EDT 2007

Those messages are both to advise the honest and for "due diligence",
which means that the sending organization made an attempt to protect
the information.

There may be a way in the sendmail.cf (or submit.cf) file to append
text, perhaps similar to the way it can be caused to invoke procmail
for postprocessing.  Hint: write a script to append the text.

REAL MEN AND WOMEN will hack sendmail's C code to do this.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.