[ale] Zapmedia Zapstation

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Aug 24 18:13:22 EDT 2007

Dead and gone with the dot com busts. If you hang a CD off the internal
IDE connector you should be able to boot and load an OS (Linux only -
please :) and make a multi-media box yourself with some MP3 jukebox code
from freshmeat. The built-in modem is/was a cheap hunk of crap that even
with the custom driver was junk at best (1+MB kernel driver that crashed
the system on unload - I did NOT write it just had to code around it).

You have a piece of dot-com history!