[ale] [Fwd: Pirate Banned from Using Linux]

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Aug 23 20:48:40 EDT 2007

On 8/23/2007 at 6:07 PM Michael B. Trausch wrote:

>I find this interesting that the DOJ went and told Microsoft, "Bad,
>bad!" and now is forcing people to use the very software they said was a
>monopoly.  They're giving this guy a monitoring system that runs on his
>PC in software... what's the point of the monitoring software at all?

Guberment lapdogs don't know nuttin' else 'cept windows.  Let's face it, with government pay its not like most of the agencies can afford programmers of any salt.  (We do know which ones *can*, of course.)

>What's even worse is that they are requiring that the man purchase a
>license for Windows so that he can use their monitoring software.  Does
>this make any sense to anyone else, because the sanity of it evades me.
> I would rather rot in jail than be forced to enter into an agreement
>which I do not agree to, that's for sure.

Just to make them ill, he oughta get Vista and see if their software works on it.  Ooh, better yet, Windows 3.11. ;c)

Okay, in all seriousness, what is to prevent him from getting a LiveCD and a thumbdrive?

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting