[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:59:44 EDT 2007

That is the result of a packager specifying dependencies incorrectly.
It's probably a package the Kubuntu folks think should be available on
every installation. That just highlights why "desktop" distributions
are so tricky.

It could also be that the message you are getting is merely stating
that the "kubuntu-desktop" (guessing on that name) virtual package
will be removed. That doesn't necessarily mean every package that is a
part of the kubuntu desktop will be removed. It only means that the
package which describes the kubuntu desktop will be removed. Do the
uninstall with the "--dry-run" switch and see what happens.