[ale] new Distro

Patrick P parspe at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:51:37 EDT 2007

A few people have requested more info about the distro. It is basically a customized Debian distribution and so uses apt for package management and the 2.6 kernel. IceWM is used for the desktop as the goal is not "bright and shiny" but simple functionality and performance on older hardware. Mainly we just need help with ensuring we have all the bits and pieces (testing), adding a few configuration utilities (programming and packaging), and getting a few How-Tos together. Thanks.