[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Aug 23 16:23:13 EDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 02:51:35 pm Thompson Freeman wrote:
> > is installed.. so I use checkinstall. How does ubuntu
> > handle that type
> > situation?
>
> As I recall checkinstall handles .deb's also.

so far, I haven't tried to install anything from source, but I don't plan to
setup my laptop as a mirror to my desktop. I use it for a different purpose,
and it has different programs on it.. Where I had issues on openSUSE was in
getting some video programs installed last year that needed checkinstall. I
never have gotten E17 to install.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800