[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 23 16:04:16 EDT 2007

Jeff Lightner, on 08/23/2007 03:38 PM said:
> You lost me at your first point.  I was specifically saying yum IS on
> most systems that use rpms.  That would INCLUDE Fedora and CentOS.
>
> Since you didn't get that right I'll not bother reading the rest of it.

My first "point" was a question, not a point.

If the update managers *do* use yum as their backend, then the problems
_are_ still there.  If the update managers *do*not* use yum as their
backend, then I am in error.  I thought I was in error at first, but it
seems that you are now saying that the update managers used in those
systems use yum for a backend, which means that the problems with RPM
are indeed still there and are architectural in nature.

Please, there is no need to be aggressive.  I've no intention of
fighting any UNIX religious war---it's not in my best interests, nor the
best interests of the list.  Perhaps this issue needs to be dropped.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch              Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                        http://www.trausch.us/
Mobile: (678) 522-7934            VoIP: 6453 at sip.trausch.us, 861384 at fwd