[ale] Low level computer flow

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:39:09 EDT 2007

I like Tannenbaum's book, Structured Computer Organization:
http://www.amazon.com/Structured-Computer-Organization-Andrew-Tanenbaum/dp/0131485210/ref=pd_bbs_10/002-0937787-4724063?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187897874&sr=8-10

But, you'll really need to dive into the manufacturer's docs for how each
processor (family) works.

WMM

On 8/23/07, Evan Pitstick <bikingnerd at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am taking some interesting classes this semester at KSU and I was
> looking for some more reading. Anyone know of any good pages that walk
> through how computers interpret machine code? Or maybe you think I
> should just try to find a good page on writing machine code and that
> would give me the understanding I am looking for? I want to have a
> better idea of how the code is read then put into the stack, etc. My
> professor has been using a cake recipe analogy that is enough to move
> along in class and I am trying not to make him walk through everything
> so that the rest of the class can get onto what the class is about.
> Because I got into computers late in the game my understanding is from
> the top down and I want to get into the nitty-gritty.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2