[ale] Hard Drive destruction/data distruction techniques revisited

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 23 15:20:23 EDT 2007

On 08/23/2007 08:36:19 AM, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> As I chuckled my way through this, it dawned on me that it
> is likely
> possible to be able to get funding to test at least some
> of these. The
> gubment doles out $$ to study lots of stuff that is of
> dubious
> scientific or technical merit with an outcome that is very
> limited in
> its scope.
>
> At the very least a technical paper is in order. I have at
> least 5 hard
> drives (IDE, SCSI, SATA & laptop IDE) that are candidates
> for
> destruction.

<<snip>>

Jim

If we could piggyback on a chem dept from Emory or Ga Tech
for HazMat disposal, I doubt that there would be much need
to get a grant. I suspect that the big budget item will be
responably disposing of the end remains of the dearly
departed.

Thinking about it, isn't there a science museum in Atlanta?
They might provide an umbrella organization for the funding
process.

This could be fun in a weird sort of way. Must think on
it...