[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Aug 23 14:53:07 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 01:30:54PM -0400, Brian Pitts wrote:
> And I'll give yum credit; I was able to use it to do a network upgrade
> from Fedora (then still Core) 5 to 6, even though the Fedora wiki was
> littered with warnings that it wasn't tested/supported and might die
> horribly.

The machine that I'm sending this from was originally installed as a
RH7.3 machine.  It went to RH9->FC1->FC2->FC3->FC4->FC5->FC6, all
via live yum upgrades.

The funny thing about this procession is that (with the exception of
FC6) I performed the upgrade after the "new" distro had already been
EOL'ed.

I suppose I should consider myself lucky that the hard disks haven't
failed in all this time.  The SMART data shows their total power-on
time to be 44,455 hours (five years 27 days and counting..)

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^