[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Aug 23 11:04:18 EDT 2007

Again - yum does this for you.

I've run "yum update" on every system I've installed since FC4 without
having the issues you describe.

So as you say about yours I'll say about yum "it just does it".

There are some things that aren't available from default Fedora
repositories due to their view of what "appropriate" for open source but
the same is true of Debian and Ubuntu - just different viewpoints as to
what should be included.   However there are other repositories you can
add to get those things if you want them.