[ale] Hard Drive destruction/data distruction techniques revisited

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 23 08:36:19 EDT 2007

As I chuckled my way through this, it dawned on me that it is likely
possible to be able to get funding to test at least some of these. The
gubment doles out $$ to study lots of stuff that is of dubious
scientific or technical merit with an outcome that is very limited in
its scope.

At the very least a technical paper is in order. I have at least 5 hard
drives (IDE, SCSI, SATA & laptop IDE) that are candidates for
destruction.