[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Aug 23 07:41:36 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 10:45:05 pm James Sumners wrote:
> He isn't suggesting that Debian is a "compile everything by hand"
> distribution. He is saying Debian is difficult to install. Something
> that I don't believe is true.

so I misunderstood the intent of his sentence.. ok, I can live with that, I'm
definitely not on his level:)

> There is a difference, though. The default Debian install is very
> basic. It provides a base from which to grow the system to suit your
> needs. The default Ubuntu and SuSe installs drop you into a graphical
> desktop environment.

ahhh, I didn't make the disconnect from Debian to Ubuntu. To me they are
almost one and the same. I should try just plain Debian insall sometime..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800