[ale] [OT] Only so slightly off topi: Westell Modem

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 23 01:47:07 EDT 2007

Calvin Harrigan, on 08/22/2007 08:26 PM said:
> I have bellsouth's dsl service.  Have had it for... 4-5 years?  Never
> had a problem with it.  Works as advertised.
>     Anyway, I'm trying to do port forwarding on Westell model 2200, I've
> done it before it worked fine.  I'm trying to forward ports in the 60K+
> range.  Never used such a high port number.  When I enter the
> information, it complains about the base port + the end port > 65536.
> Looked at the html code, it's hard coded in there.  From code it seems
> the highest port that I could forward is 32767, gave it a shot, sure
> enough no ports > 32767.
>     Looked through the manual, no help, it explained how to port
> forward, but all the examples used ports < 10K.  Also found several
> online guides at dslreports.com and portforward.com.  dslreports was
> plain ole wrong and portforward was like the manual.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has a similar/same modem that can be
> configured to port forward ports > 32767.

Make me wonder, if the HTML that you're talking about is some
combination of HTML and JavaScript that does form validation, can you
work around it using the Web Developer extension in Firefox?  That lets
you edit the HTML of the page being currently displayed in the browser.

I don't know if it will let you modify forms (well, it *will*, but I
don't know if it will let you transmit them that way).  I just use the
extension for testing changes I think that I would like to make to my
blog and other sites that I work on, both in HTML and CSS, and then
implement those changes when I am finished by working on the actual
code.  But it's a possibility.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch              Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                        http://www.trausch.us/