[ale] linus doesn't like Debian?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:45:05 EDT 2007

He isn't suggesting that Debian is a "compile everything by hand"
distribution. He is saying Debian is difficult to install. Something
that I don't believe is true.

There is a difference, though. The default Debian install is very
basic. It provides a base from which to grow the system to suit your
needs. The default Ubuntu and SuSe installs drop you into a graphical
desktop environment.