[ale] Evolution and BellSouth storage question

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Aug 22 09:51:38 EDT 2007

I got my girlfriend setup on Ubuntu some time ago. She recently decided to
go with the AT&T $10/mo internet plan, which is largely working correctly.
The known remaining challenge is using Evolution for email, as I haven't
figured out/read how to get the email retained locally, on her hard disk.
Somehow, Evolution has a number of folders setup which appear to relate to
the pop server at Bell South, where she has reached her storage limit.

I have looked at the Evolution documentation, and fiddled with the
software, but my befuddled mind is missing the clue which almost _must_ be
there - so I ask here

How do I convince Evolution to create and use mail folders on the local
hard drive?

I will add, since somebody will suggest it, that changing email clients is
_not_ an option, as the lady in question has already rejected it.

Thanks in advance