[ale] Google to distribut StarOffice for free

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Aug 21 12:27:31 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 09:23, James Taylor wrote:
> FYI -
> The Novell version of OOo has the WordPerfect filters and a number of other
enhancements, including <gag><cough> MSOffice 7 doc support.
> It's part of the openSUSE distribution, or you can download it directly from
Novell.
> -jt
> James Taylor

Does anyone know if the Mafiavell SUSE version of OOo plays well in
legitimate Linux environments like Fedora and Ubuntu??

Does the version rely on rpm installation or does it use the standard
OpenOffice installer??

I may not be able to use the Broken XML (docx / M$Orifice 7) ) converter
with NeoOffice on my Macs, but I have no problem using the SUSE version
if it provides a little more functionality while remaining cross-distro and
open source.

Anyone know more details?

peace
aaron