[ale] Google to distribut StarOffice for free

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 21 09:29:55 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 09:23 -0400, James Taylor wrote:
> FYI -
> The Novell version of OOo has the WordPerfect filters and a number of other enhancements, including <gag><cough> MSOffice 7 doc support.
> It's part of the openSUSE distribution, or you can download it directly from Novell.
> -jt

I prefer to send my office suite crippled friends the ability to read
and to accepted ISO document standards:
http://www.sun.com/software/star/openoffice/

That page has the link to get plugin for M$ office that provides
odt/ods/odp read/write functionality, thus restoring the health of an
otherwise deliberately crippled product.