[ale] Google to distribut StarOffice for free

Brian Stanaland brian.stanaland at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:59:58 EDT 2007

If I recall correctly, Star Office for Solaris and Sun Java Desktop (Sun's
Linux) are a free download from Sun.  It's also a free download for Solaris
Express Community Edition which is what I'm running on my SunBlade 150 at
the office.  As far as differences go, Star Office has more filters for
proprietary formats than OpenOffice.org does.  I believe there is a
difference in the included database but since I don't use it I can't say for
sure.

Brian

On 8/20/07, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On Monday 20 August 2007 10:49:32 am Warren Myers wrote:
> > hmmm
> > I never paid for it from sun... and dl'd it from their site
> >
> > WMM
>
> that would be here:
> http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/get.jsp
>
> but what is the difference between StarOffice & OpenOffice ? not sure I
> want
> to go to the trouble of downloading another office package...
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Ubuntu User number is # 12459

Einstein never accepted quantum mechanics because of this element of chance
and uncertainty. He said: God does not play dice. It seems that Einstein was
doubly wrong. The quantum effects of black holes suggests that not only does
God play dice, He sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.
-- Steven Hawking