[ale] Low Cost Dialup ISP

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sun Aug 19 15:06:41 EDT 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Rett Addy wrote:
> I'm looking for a cheap backup dialup ISP for when my cable modem goes out.  Any suggestions?

I'd considered using a cell phone's data connection abilities.

I'm using a Motorola Q, and "tether" it via BlueTooth, its working well in
Vista and Ubuntu 7.04. The "unlimited" data package is about $50/mth
(Verizon), I get pretty high speeds (feels like 200-300kbps most places, 115kbps in
others) and it is a lifestyle enabler and business savior.

This e-mail was sent from Kansas City, I'm on my way to Moab, then
Reno NV.. Then Burning Man - and I'm "working" most of the trip (a few
hours a day online - no, not while driving..).