[ale] opensuse 10.2

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Aug 18 22:42:15 EDT 2007

I'm not a suse user but I have some ideas that may help:

1. Get X running by hook-or-crook. By this I mean edit the xorg.conf and
change the driver from the nvidia driver to a nv driver. The nv driver
is in xorg and it works. You won't get the spiffy hardware accellerated
OpenGL but you wil get X and multiple term windows.

It is possible that if the USB stick has no partition that Linux hotplug
may not see it. plug it in and wait about 3-5 seconds (or until the
light blinks on it) and run dmesg. That should tell you the /dev device
that is seen. Now run fdisk -l /dev/<above> to see the partitions. If
there are none, that would explain the no automount.

So mount it manually with mount -t vfat /dev/<above> /<mountpoint>