[ale] [OT] Webhosting site

David Tomaschik ozone at webgroup.org
Thu Aug 16 14:51:49 EDT 2007

James Sumners wrote:
> I use BlueHost. $6.95/mo for lots of bandwidth and features (e.g.
> SSH/SFTP access). Check them out --
> http://www.bluehost.com/track/roomfull/charrigan_ale .
>
> If you decide to go with BlueHost, please use that link. If you sign
> up through that link I get a referral credit. If you don't want to,
> that's your prerogative.
>
> On 8/16/07, Calvin Harrigan <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> I know this has been beaten to death, so one more kick couldn't hurt.
>> Do any of you know of a good (namely cheap) web hosting companies.  It's
>> for personal, not commercial use.  Mostly for sharing pictures.  Don't
>> wanna use sites like yahoo, etc.  I thought about running my own server,
>> but decided against it because of the overhead.  You know security,
>> power, etc.
>>
>> Thanks.

How long have you been with Bluehost?  Good uptime?  This looks like
something I might want to switch to... like I said, I've been looking
for IMAPS, Secure SMTP, and Secure POP3 as well as SSH and SFTP.  I'm
wondering if they really allow you to use that massive amount of
bandwidth, or if they penalize like some other hosts do.  (I've heard
stories of throttling, etc.)

David