[ale] [OT] Webhosting site

Björn Gustafsson bg-ale at bjorng.net
Thu Aug 16 14:42:06 EDT 2007

Wow, these services went and got really cheap since I looked at this
question last spring.

I use a2hosting.com and I'm pretty happy with their cheapest plan,
which runs me $3/mo.  You would likely need a bigger plan to get
sufficient storage for photo-sharing.

But now it looks like you can get 300GB storage, 3TB transfer for
$4/mo at ixwebhosting *including* domain registration!
http://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v2/pages.planExpertplan

Plus several other services are in that same price range.  At least
two, hostmonster.com and bluehost, include ssh access too.
http://www.webhostingbluebook.com/

I can't say if their services are good or not, but several of them
offer the same uptime guarantees I get on mine, and 99.9% is more than
adequate for a site you don't have to rely on.