[ale] OT: offline malware removal tool for windoze

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 16 10:32:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 09:18 -0400, Vernard Martin wrote:
> > folks, I have officially done my LAST hands-on attempt to help
> > somebody - verbal advice, fine, but given what's happened(/ing) to
> > this other person I know it's just not worth the risk...
> I've discovered that telling folks with issues like these to go the Geek
> Squad at Best Buy to get it fixed is the best solution.  For two good
> reasons:
>
> 1) They get someone they can call and blame when things don't work.
> 2) Once they have written a large check to pay for these services  they
> learn to appreciate the free help that folks like you give.
3) Once they realize the large check did NOT solve the problem through
geeksquad they become better targets for OS replacements. Macs aren't
perfect but they are a huge step up from the slime that geeksquad
collect support fees for and they are more suitable for people with no
admin skills and specifically no desire to acquire any.