[ale] Q: "Suspend my computer" doesn't work....

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Aug 15 22:54:15 EDT 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Scully Wu wrote:

>  *"Suspend my computer" doesn't work....*
> ------------------------------
>  I'd like to "Suspend my computer" when I am out. but it doesn't work.

Hmm.. I just put mine back in my laptop bag and stash it out of sight.

I never thought about suspending it. Are you using bungie cords or rope?

---------------------

Seriously though, on some computers the various technical wizards
in charge of things like BIOS and SUSPENSION and ACPI and other
magic incantations are still warring over which spell language to use.
Often the spells are incompatible.

Without knowing the parts of the spell being used,
other wizards are at a loss to explain the broken magic
you are experiencing.

Perhaps if we knew what hardware (pot, kettle, flask..)
was involved, and perhaps what the base potion smelled like:
Ubuntu - earthy warm and friendly tones  or maybe SUSE - a
smidgen of german 'kraut or maybe RedHat - smells like money.

We might be able to offer a counter-incantation.

But with the small amount of information provided,
I think you may just be left living with the toads
and suspending your computer with a string above the boiling caldron.