[ale] Host type query.... VirtualBox candidates

Jack Schneider puck at dp-indexing.com
Wed Aug 15 15:42:27 EDT 2007

Hi, folks.
I have the distinct honor and sincere pleasure of obtaining a brand new
workstation.  No-OS.  It's a Xeon DC 5060 based 4 gig mem machine with a
couple of 320 gig sata drives.   I am most familiar with SuSE OS's, but I
have used/setup systems with FreeBSD & Debian.

Question: Which linux/unix flavor do I choose to install VB on?  It's the
initial install of Host that I'm unsure of....  I'll  end up with multiple
OS's for sure so does it really matter???     VB users manual assumes Debian.

What do you think? and why...

Thanks in advance for your sage advice...

Jack
Winchester,TN