[ale] OT: Does anyone here use AT&T naked DSL ?

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Aug 15 13:56:37 EDT 2007

On 08/15/2007 08:20:23 AM, Ken Alexander wrote:
> After giving ATT/BS/Cingular 100 - 2nd chances, I gave up
> on them last
> year. When they announced they were going to offer naked
> DSL, I really
> considered giving them just one more opportunity to show
> me they were
> worthy of my patronage. After reading  the article below,
> it looks like
> the name has changed, but the "BS" yet lingers.
>
>  http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070801/154117.shtml
>
> Does anyone here know of anyone using this service? If so,
> are they
> satisfied with it? Download rates ????

I'm not experienced with the naked dsl product, but the
article rings true to me.

My girlfriend got the $10 dsl service with her regular
line, and the experience has been a little spotty, although
I get to claim credit for much of the rough spots. I
plugged a phone surge protector onto the line when she was
on a modem, and that left the line marginal for dsl. Credit
AT&T for rolling a tech to track down that one without a
_major_ fight. OTOH, the phone tree to tech support
needlessly irritates me with bad music and bad names for
the tree choices and wait times. Two of the four service
techs were pretty clued in, one managed to drop the phone
call in a transfer, and the last (as I recall) probably
needed more seasoning time.

What has cheesed Carol off, however, is a rebate offer for
the dsl equipment which has a six week time limit. After
six weeks or so, he account still hasn't been listed as
having a rebate for which she can sign up for. I haven't
asked her if she has seen the change yet on her phone bill
either, so that one may be a wash. Or another example of
crappy communications.

Admittedly, just a hearsay datapoint, but there you go.