[ale] Need suggestions in installing kernel 2.6.22.1 on openSUSE10.2

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Aug 8 11:28:29 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 10:10:37 am Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Just remember the beta has hundreds (thousands) of possibly improved
> packages, but some are sure to be problematic.

I've been running SUSE since about 9.1, and I've run nothing BUT betas on my
laptop for a long time.

> Just doing the kernel is much safer, but you may not even notice that
> anything changed unless you are having a specific problem.
>
> Greg

Even with that, I'll have to rerun my NVIDIA install & sax2..

I tried reading some of that linux kernel in a nutshell book, and tried making
& installing my own kernel once before.... once.. never again:)
not without training wheels!
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800