[ale] vi is the winner

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:59:51 EDT 2007

why use commands from the mid-80s when "new users", obviously, haven't been
using tools since the mid-80s?

On 8/7/07, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

> Mike Harrison wrote:
> >> For users new to Linux I have always suggested good old Pico, works
> great
> >> and is somewhat like notepad for new windows converts.
> >
> > Pico's a good place for newbie basic text file editing.
> >
> > I'm still using Joe in "Wordstar" mode.
> > Something to be said about having/using almost the same
> > command/shortcut keys as Wordstar since the mid 80's.
>
> I would say the same thing about vi...  Less the reference to Wordstar.
>   Something to be said about using the same editor since the mid 80's...
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>   - Benjamin Franklin

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2