[ale] OT: Voting machines cracked in California

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 2 19:25:17 EDT 2007

Valid questions, to which I for one have no answers. Well,
more properly, I don't trust any of the answers I have.
Certainly, a some portion of human beings are both clued in
to reality, and flat out crooked. Politicians are not
exempt. I think a majority are not entirely clued into
reality, nor entirely honest either. Not much has changed
then since the days of machine politics a century ago; and
that hadn't changed all that much in the century before
that.

What we can do, and should do, and many of us will not do,
is work for what is honest and achievable.

But that whole story is for another forum probably.