[ale] OT: Voting machines cracked in California

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 2 16:30:22 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Ned Williams wrote:

> Pleae see dissappearing ballot boxes in the Dekalb districts during the 2004
> races...<cough> Mckinney <cough>...yep SOOOOOOO verifiyable.

Well, I think we can verify that there were irregularities. Now, if
something wasn't _done_ about it, and from the tone I'll guess that not
much was, that is something else.

This is sort of the point, I think. It appears that with the evote
machines, much irregularity can occur _without_ leaving a trace such as
large numbers of acomplices (sp?), missing ballots/ballot boxes, and other
forms of tampering.

Are traditional voting methods impervious to fraud? No. The charge is that
the evote methods seem to be _less_ resistant to fraud, rather than more
so as certain politicians wanted to beleive, and that is a step back in
honesty.

<<much snipage>>