[ale] Ubuntu gnome session hosed

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Aug 1 12:31:22 EDT 2007

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> Be gentle, I'm a KDE guy, trying to get to know gnome...

Personally, I wouldn't try to get to know GNOME using a development
version on a distro in development. GNOME 2.20 won't be released until
September 19th; Ubuntu Gusty October 18th.

Can you be more specific about the errors GNOME applications gave you?

By switch user, do you mean leave one session logged in but start
another (from kdm, gdm, whatever)? This can be problematic if you're
just using GNOME, I wouldn't know what to expect when using two DEs.

-Brian