[ale] Ubuntu gnome session hosed

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 12:19:17 EDT 2007

to get the multiple desktops working on my machine, i installed ubuntu, then
apt-get installed kubuntu-desktop, xubuntu-desktop, etc

works great for me that way.

WMM

On 8/1/07, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> ok, so I have Kubuntu installed, and I added gnome, so basically I have
> Kubuntu/Ubuntu. Except I started getting errors on all the gnome-related
> apps
> at startup, now I can't even log into the gnome session, only KDE. THis is
> of
> course Gutsy tribe 3. When I log in using KDE then go to switch user and
> select gnome session, I put in my username/password, and it drops me right
> back to the KDE desktop I was in.
> so, what do I need to reinstall to get gnome working again. I'll reinstall
> everything if I have to.
> Be gentle, I'm a KDE guy, trying to get to know gnome...
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Ubuntu User number is # 12459

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2