[ale] Fiesty Fawn fumbling under wireless

Brian Pitts bpitts at learnlink.emory.edu
Sat Apr 28 18:31:35 EDT 2007

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts wrote:

> I put Ubuntu 7.04 on my ThinkPad laptop, and I pretty much have everything
> working except for a bit of weirdness under wireless. When the
> network-manager attempts to connect to my Linksys travel router/wireless
> AP, everything is going smooth until the network-manager wants to save the
> password to the keyring. I have never set up a keyring password, and
> haven't found a clue as to a default password might be. Any ideas where to
> look or work arounds so this thing will "just work"?
>
> FWIW, the keyring manager _is_ installed, I just have not found how to get
> in.

The first time the keyring is ever used by an application, GNOME asks
you to set a keyring password. Perhaps you did this without realizing
it? If you can't guess the password, perhaps
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-keyring/+bug/54792 will point you
towards a tool that can change the password. Failing that, you can
delete the contents of ~/.gnome2/keyrings

-Brian