[ale] DHCPD conf file

Brian nym.bnm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:02:51 EDT 2007

Chris,

What you'll want to do is define a class, say, like this:

class "arbitrary-name" {
        match if substring(hardware, 1, 3)=00:04:f2;
}

Obviously expand it to include your whole MAC address.  Then, in your
pool definitions:

subnet z.z.z.z netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        option routers x.x.x.x;
        pool {
                range w.w.w.w y.y.y.y;
                deny members of "arbitrary-name";
}

This works well, because if you later have to add more, you just add
the matching MAC address to the definition of the class you want to
deny.

bnm