[ale] DHCPD conf file

Brian W. Neu ale at advancedopen.com
Wed Apr 25 10:14:33 EDT 2007

I think the answer is to set eth0 as a static address instead of a
dynamic address.

Wait . . .how many ethernet interfaces does this laptop have?

I don't think it's possible to run dhcpd and dhcp client on the same
interface.

I know that you can pass an argument to dhcpd to restrict it to
listening on a single interface.

# dhcpd --help
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.0.5-RedHat
Copyright 2004-2006 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
Usage: dhcpd [-p <UDP port #>] [-d] [-f]
            [-cf config-file] [-lf lease-file]
                  [-tf trace-output-file]
                  [-play trace-input-file]
            [-t] [-T] [-s server] [if0 [...ifN]]

If I'm understanding correctly, it looks like passing "eth0" as an
argument to dhcpd should work. . . "should"