[ale] quick poll - what monitoring tools do you use?

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:18:55 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Jim Popovitch <yahoo at jimpop.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 22:50 -0400, Brian W. Neu wrote:
> > Is anyone using Zenoss ?
>
> I played with it, it was heavy on resource utilization even with few
> events. I was trying to run it in a vm system with 512Mb and dual 3.1GHz
> CPUs.  That's not to say that you will experience the same, it could
> have been something wrong with my configuration.  Looks promising
> however.

Same with Hyperic. I had it up and running for a day on a dual 2.8 box with
1GB of RAM. Monitoring 20 Windows and 5 Linux boxes brought it to it's
knees. Not to mention the fact that it is agent based, and the agent is
written in Java. The agent was the top process on almost all of the Windows
machines and 3 of the Linux machines.

--
Jonathan