[ale] Wandering OT: Re: Car PC's and internet radio?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Apr 17 23:38:15 EDT 2007

How does the radio get approved for use? How does it get approved for
any type of subscription reception? What is to stop someone from
canceling their subscription and still using the radio receiver?

There has to be a mechanism that activates the radio based on a
predefined set of unique identifiers. Or is there a method that can
disable the radio by a satellite signal that is used to turn it off in
the event of subscription non-payment. Or is it required to plug in a
phone line or USB cable from an Internet connected PC?