[ale] DSL wireless router suggestions?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 21:04:52 EDT 2007

Thanks for the reply. While I was waiting on my email to actually post
to the list I did some research on third party firmwares. I came
across Tomato (http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato). Reading its manual
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Tomato_Firmware), I determined that it
has QoS support that I can live with. Basically, I want to be able to
define my own classes; the basic stuff the manufacturer firmwares seem
to do is not enough for my taste. I didn't see anything in OpenWRT's
documentation that even hinted at QoS support, and the list of
packages didn't include the proper kernel modules, either.

Looking at the list of Tomato's supported hardware, I decided to go
with Linksys' WRT54GL. Amazon had it for a decent price and there is a
$10 MIR available right now. I think it'll get the job done.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59