[ale] Car PC's and internet radio?

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 17:28:47 EDT 2007

I was just curious if anyone out in ALE land has not only added a linux box
of their choice of flavor to their car..but if they also given it enough
mobile bandwidth so sustain an internet radio feed. I have done this with my
treo ptunes and an mp3 2.5mm connector to my head unit but I am wondering
about a slightly more permanent solution based off linux. And of course
there is the fact that the treo + EDGE can only do 96 KPS streams reliably.
Any EVDO, G3 or WiMax cars out there?  Who needs HD radio and its
commercials or Sat radio and its rediculour rates if you have the net at
your disposal....

Ned