[ale] Open source document portal

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Apr 15 23:26:22 EDT 2007

You are looking for a document management system.

http://www.epiware.com/
http://www.knowledgetree.com/
http://www.supportingtechnologies.com/supportingtechnologiesnordic/MAIN.htm
http://contineo.sourceforge.net/
http://www.opendocman.com/

As for which one is better...

I will note that contineo has full document text searches for oodles of
document formats from closed source crap from MacroShaft to OpenOffice
ODF. The drawback (IMHO) is it is a honking java app (programmers seem
to like java while many admins loathe it...).

-OR-

I have totally misunderstood the nature the request and you are
wondering how to upload files into a web site...

Hmm. google search looks like anyportal is a filesystem browser for the
web using php.

I have some people that like the file management tools in webmin. You
can upload and download files in it (if you have java for the browser).