[ale] OT Re[2]: Is this for Real

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Apr 13 11:59:07 EDT 2007

Are you sure you're not confusing Kovacs with Sid Caesar?  It was Caesar
who worked so tightly with (and wasn't he also married to?) Coca.

As Jack Lemmon put it, "Ernie Kovacs was the craziest man I ever knew."
His mind simply used different kinds of cells than anyone else when it
came to television comedy, and paying for the sorts of things that
Kovacs envisioned was always a problem.  I recall that the famous
drop-car-through-the-ground bit - which only ran for about fifteen
seconds - nevertheless cost thousands of dollars and posed considerable
risk to his crew and even Kovacs himself.