[ale] OT: U.P.S. Recommendations

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Apr 11 21:32:32 EDT 2007

I've been trusting the life of my computers to the Southern
Company monopolists and Georgia Power for as long as I've
I've been living with computers (or, in their little silicon minds,
living _for_ them).

In truth, the electricity has been generally reliable and consistent
in my area, at least as far as I can tell without having ever put
meters on it, but I'm overdue to start playing a little safer and
invest in a U.P.S. / Power conditioning system to help safeguard
my money machines.

I'm looking to provide power to a couple 400 watt computers with
CRT monitors plus a few external disk drives. A 30 minute battery
run time would ride through most of the occasional bumps and brief
outages that happen here. Don't need any remote monitoring or
alerts and such since these aren't server systems.  Just looking for
advice on appropriate size and brands that are a reliable value.

Like any computerized rubbish bin would say...
     Any Input Appreciated!

peace
aaron