[ale] Hooking up SCSI appliances to USB/IEEE1394... possible?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:09:24 EDT 2007

Okay.  This is probably going to sound a little bit crazy.

I have a computer that has a copious amount of USB ports, and a IEEE
1394 port, but no PCI, PCIe, AGP, or ISA expansion slots.  I am actually
fine with this, because converter adapters exist for virtually
everything.  Except, I cannot seem to find one that I want.  It isn't
critical, so if these do not exist, it's no big deal, but I would like
to hook up an external SCSI device (a scanner) to this computer.  Is
there anything like a SCSI host adapter for USB or IEEE1394 that would
enable the scanner to be used?

If not, that's fine.  It's just that this scanner works with SANE and I
don't want to have to research another one for this computer when I can
move the one that is already hooked up.

    Thanks!
    Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!