[ale] batch image resizing

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 04:28:49 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 20:30:38 Preston Boyington wrote:
> George Allen wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> > Anyway, hope it's useful.
>
> thanks. i will definitely take a look.

Ok, well, since I'm currently looking for work and have some time on my hands,
I wrote you a script... it's a rough hack based on the other shell script,
but I needed a refresher anyway. Now I just have to figure out how to do the
same thing w/ an elegant one-liner.

It will handle filenames with spaces, by renaming them before processing. It
won't clobber input archives if you have both foo.cbr foo.cbz because it adds
a timestamp to its output files. It puts it's output in `pwd`/CBx-out/ and
does it's processing sub-directories of /tmp/.

The debug option leaves the /tmp/CBx-proc directories intact instead of
deleting them after each archive file is processed.

The -r option can change the target size which defaults to x1280.

For some reason, it matters the order in which you list arguments, ie
doing -a -r x1024 -d is a no-go. But it's too late for me to figure that out.

--George

Usage: ./ale_script [-d -r xNUM] -a
-d debug
-r change Y-Dim target size